The questions are:
1. What is your favourite food?
2. What are your favourite drinks?
3. Places you've been?
4. Names that you're known by?
By region, it has to be Asian. Tremendous variety of flavours, quick to prepare and healthy with loads of fresh vegetables. These are among my favourite foods, not in any particular order.
1.Vietnamese chicken and prawn salad. Chicken, prawns, cashews,lots of fresh salad vegetables and vermicelli, drizzled with a dressing of fish sauce, white vinegar, chilli and garlic. Yumm!
2. Tom Kha Gai. Hot and spicy Thai/Malaysian soup with a coconut milk base. Normally with chicken but vegetarian with mushrooms instead of chicken is divine.
3. Beercan Chicken. Our summer BBQ staple meat dish. Half a can of beer stuck up the chook's fundamental orifice to keep it moist with herbs and spices of your choice inside and on the skin. We prefer middle eastern spices. Best done on a BBQ with a lid.
4. Fresh Snapper. Great fishing grounds only a few hundred metres from our house. Normally filleted, dusted in flour and pan-fried. Raw sashimi-style marinated in coconut milk, lemon juice, diced red peppers, chilli and spring onions makes a great entree.
Jennie looking rather smug
1. Good coffee - black. NZ has a reputation for roasting and brewing great coffee, even in out of the way places as opposed to trendy city coffee shops. As a result, Starbucks hasn't gained much of a foothold!
2. Craft beers. Just love the proliferation of small breweries using natural ingredients to get fantastic flavours. Life's too short to be drinking mass-produced crap!
3. Wine. Sitting on the deck before dinner sipping a glass of something is one of life's real pleasures. Ditto for a single malt at the end of dinner with friends!
4. Water. We're not on town supply with all its added chemicals. Filtered rainwater is just delicious.
Places we've been
Travelled round the globe a fair bit with hopefully a lot more to see and do yet. Some random photos from our travels below.
1. Tracy Arm, Alaska
About 1 km from the glacier face
Street vendors, Hanoi
3. Western Australia
Karijini National Park
A bit precarious
Names that you've been known by
1. At school, Jesse - after the outlaw Jesse James. Cowboys and Indians were big at the movies and on TV at that time.
2. BAMBI. Pre-retirement, a woman I used to work with christened me with this. Born Again Middle-aged Biker. I can't ever remember her calling me by my real christian name after that.
3. Geoffrey. This is my real name but used by my wife when I've blotted my copybook in some way. If I hear it being called out in her best school ma'am tone, I know I'm in for a bollocking so make myself scarce. If she uses Geoff, it's green lights all the way!