Wheel alignment

Thursday 24 June 2010

Somewhere over the rainbow....

The only connection that this post has to riding is that I'm not doing any today as we're having torrential downpours and I washed and waxed the bike a couple of days ago!  However, whilst mooching about indoors and organising lunch not 30 minutes ago, the sun momentarily came out and created a rainbow over the harbour.  I thought I'd share the picture I took from our front deck.  It would have been slightly more photogenic if the tide had been in and covering the oyster beds in front of us, but it's still good for the soul to see something like that!  Click photo to enlarge.



 Just as a counterpoint, the following photo is one I took at the end of winter last year right on sunset when the tide was in.




.... and one taken at dawn a couple of years back to split the day up nicely!











8 comments:

  1. They are great shots Geoff!!

    Being engaged to a professional photographer has allowed me to appreciate light and the way it affects a photo, and I always enjoy a good rainbow and sunset/sunrise shot...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anthony,
    I'm not a good photographer and I only used my wife's Sony Cybershot but being there at the right time counts for an awful lot!

    I have no inclination to test my wet weather gear today :-)

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely view you've got there Geoff, do you live near the town Coromandel itself, or on the road between there and Hamilton? The background in the photo with the bike parked looks familiar. We have family living in Auckland so it's not inconceivable that we may visit again sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geoff:

    I must commend you on your excellent filing system, being able to dig up these photos on a moments notice.

    mine are all indexed chronologically and archived onto DVD or a multitude of external drives. coming up with an image would take some effort and probably not be too successful.

    of course, being retired, you have nothing but time on your hands. or you could just sit on your deck with your camera and wait for that perfect moment.

    but nevertheless those are stunning sunset photos. You are too modest

    bob
    Wet Coast Scootin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, stunning! Thanks for sharing these gems with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geoff:

    has it stopped raining yet because as I look out the window, the sun is out . Just wait a few hours, I am going to send it your way

    bob
    Wet Coast Scootin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrew:
    We live 2 km from Coromandel Town centre, right on the northern edge of the harbour. If you do get out this way, you can be sure of a good bed, good wine and fresh fish!

    Sonja:
    Thanks :-). Refer to next post!

    Bob:
    My photos are in files by subject matter and Picasa does a great job! Hahaha regarding time on my hands. You should try retirement - you'll never be busier but it will be the things that YOU want to do!

    As per Sonja, see next post in a few minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Geoff:

    You old retired guys sure take your time. Your few minutes have turned into over an hour.

    I have to leave work soon . . .

    bob
    Wet Coast Scootin

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love to hear your feedback as it often leads to other things. However, if your comments are blatant advertising, then they won't get published.